Sunday 6 April 2014

Green Eyed at Green Fire.....

The Boodles Green Fire collection that is.......I finally caught up and watched the Boodles programme which was originally shown on Channel 4 at 8pm on Sunday the 23rd of March tittled 'The Million Pound Necklace' and what a necklace.
The suite consists of a necklace, earrings and a ring all set with diamonds and some absolutely stunning emeralds. The necklace itself is set with seven emeralds which I'm particularly keen on given that they are my birthstone, and even though I was watching the process on the TV the stones were exquisite, heaven knows what effect they would have on you if you were actually standing in their  presence..... I'd probably forget to breathe and then fall over.


It is quite mind boggling the amount of money spent on the emeralds that went into these beautifully designed pieces but you can see throughout the programme that a lot of thought went into the design of the suite in order to show off the stunning emeralds to there full beauty. Seeing the finished article I can understand how and why someone would want to own and therefore spend this amount of money on jewellery. Also, having embarked upon my own adventure into jewellery making and silver work I have an immense amount of admiration for the workmanship that went into making all of the pieces in the suite.
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole programme from meeting the Boodle family, the designer, silversmiths and those that worked in the flagship store and was very green eyed at those that could afford to adorn themselves with the unique pieces that Boodle produced. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to be amongst them......even if it's the smallest of Boodles pieces I'd would be very proud to wear it and of course it would be a great heirloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment