Wednesday 14 May 2014

Beating the 9-5 blues away.....

by working at my bench sawing and filing the stress away.......   If only I could spend most of my time here, listening to music drinking good tea and taking solace and inspiration from my 'work in progress' garden.  But until that day arrives, when I can spend the majority of my time here. There is one thing that could make it even harder to walk away from my bench and that would be a window into the garden.

Unfortunately, the window in my workshop (shed in reality) faces the front of the house onto the drive so I've had to put up some frosted window film to deter any peeping on sparkly things and valuable tools of course. In my ideal world I'd have the extension done to the kitchen to make a large kitchen diner and incorporate my workshop with a view onto the back garden.......I'm not sure MrC would see me again if that happen though!!!! actually lets say when that happens, just putting it out to the universe.

Until then, I'm still very happy working away the hours at my current bench making beautiful things that hopefully people will love and cherish.

Some recent makes.

Pieces will start from a sheet of sterling silver like this........

And will end up like this.....

or this.

The finished Thumb rings.
 
Pardon the photos as not the greatest of pictures but they were taken with my Blackberry and not my wonderful camera that MrC surprised me with a while back and which I'm still trying to get to grips with all of it's functions. I'm pretty sure it could make my tea if I only knew how to ask it.... lol

Would love to know how you knock the blues out of the park?

1 comment:

  1. This just sounds so wonderful & peaceful! The thumb rings are gorgeous! I hope you get that camera working......just in case it can make your tea too! Ax

    ReplyDelete