Wednesday 24 September 2014

Missing but not AWOL……


Well I’ve not posted for a while and must apologise for that. But I have been really busy with a big birthday celebration earlier in the year but more on that later.

I’ve also been working on a new Website for Smitten-Online and hopefully I’ll be selling my handmade jewellery from there and of course you’ll be able to link to this blog from there.I have been looking at Folksy too, as I did set up an account some time ago with them but as yet have not sold anything via that platform. Mainly due to the fact that I need to get sorted out with ‘hallmarking’ my sterling silver jewellery. This will take a bit more investigation but as far as I can tell I can sell and list the sterling silver jewellery as ‘Sterling Silver’ without hallmarking it as long as it doesn't weigh any more than 7g otherwise I need to get it hallmarked from the Assay Office which will mean adding quite a bit onto my pieces...... as I’d have to pay .15p for every item (1 earring = 1 item) with postage on top and then I have to pay for a Makers mark. I think you pay for a Stamp on a yearly basis about £70-£80 pounds which again I’d have to add onto the pieces I make.

I’ve also got myself a new job and I did have a post all ready to go but it was a bit of a ‘downer’ on the last company I worked for in not engaging a creative mind and so on and so forth. But as I’ve got a new job and I’m just settling in (this is week four) I thought better of it, especially as it’s a media company full of creative bods.
So, you see I’ve not exactly been sitting on my laurels as they say….. Although, I sure have missed not creating anything at my bench for a while. I just don’t seem to have the hours in the day at the moment but I’m sure things will sort themselves out and I’ll be able to have my cake and eat it……albeit a very small cake. :)
Have also been trying to make the most of the weather that we had a short while ago by getting out with my camera a bit more and as I’ve not got much else to say I’ll leave you with a few of my recent pics with the promise of more pics from my Birthday trip to Italy. I always knew I’d love Italy and I really do…………. <3





All except the little liazards were taken in my garden and the Lizards were
from Thursley Nature Reserve.

2 comments:

  1. Its sounds like you've been super busy! Your plans sounds fantastic though so keep at it! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea, just need to be a bit more organised me thinks.......hope thats a trait you can develop?? x

    ReplyDelete